Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Best Mai Tai EVER!

I've been on a quest lately - to find the best Mai Tai recipe.  Sounds a little sadistic, I know, not to mention dangerous.  I also wanted to make it affordable - there are many expensive ingredients in a good Mai Tai.  Here's what I've come up with.  Since there are so many ingredients involved, I make a gallon (almost) of the mix at a time. 

     4 cups sweet & sour mix
     8 cups pineapple juice (frozen concentrate or canned)
     2 cups almond syrup
          If you can't find Torani almond, use vanilla and add rum extract.  I am going to make my own simple    syrup next time since Torani is expensive here in the middle of nowhere.

To 8 ounces of mix add 1 ounce Bacardi Gold, 1/2 ounce triple sec; mix well (I use a shaker with ice).  Then float 1/2 ounce of Myers Rum on top and garnish with tropical fun stuff (umbrella, fresh pineapple and cherries work good!)

If you're not a lush like I am, here is the recipe for a single drink:
     1 ounce Bacardi Gold
     1/2 ounce triple sec
     1 ounce sweet and sour mix
     2 ounces pineapple juice
     1/2 ounce almond syrup

     Mix well.  Pour over ice and float 1/2 ounce Myers rum on top.  Garnish as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment