Sunday, October 9, 2011

Got Guacamole?

I've made this for years, but only after requests for my recipe did I develop one.  I still don't make it the same way twice, but this is a good start.

B-Dock Guac(amole)

3-4 avacados
1/4 cup sour cream
juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt to taste
1 teas. Northwoods Fire (Penzey's Spices; alternative would be Emeril's Essence)
1 teas. hot cayenne pepper
1/2 teas. crushed red pepper
1/4 teas. garlic powder
1/4 teas. minced garlic
1/2 teas. tobasco

Cut avacados in half; hit seed with knive to remove, then spoon out the flesh into a mixing bowl.  Add lime juice and mash with a pastry blender.  Add remaining ingredients and stir will, tasting along the way for the flavor you like.  Personally, I taste a lot when making this - have to get my share before my husband realizes what I'm making!  Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment