Sunday, May 15, 2011

I've been gone awhile

Had a lot going on in my life lately, and any creativity to cook just wasn't happening.  But I'm back!  It's interesting how different things in our lives give us solace, or energy, or comfort at different times.  Throughout the last two months, cooking was not a comfort, which actually surprised me.  So in order to catch up I'll probably post frequently for a bit. 

This is for my sister, Linda.  Great tasting dressing - what beans and veggies you put with it is completely up to you.  I'll indicate what I did that last time I made it, but I doubt I'll make that way twice. I think it's the substitution of lime juice for any vinegar that makes this special. 


Bean Salad

1 can black beans, drained and rinced
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup lime juice
1 teas. ground cumin
1 teas. chili powder (I use Penzey's hot)
1/2 red onion, minced
handfull fresh cilantro, chopped
Kosher salt and pepper

Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder in a medium bowl.  Add red onion, cilantro, beans, celery and pepper and mix well.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment